Saving Text in Another Format
Author: Celia Taylor
Affiliation: University of Huddersfield
Date written: May 2005
When you analyse text data in a CAQDAS package you need to import your files in the text format specified by the developers of the software you are using. The most common format is 'rich text' although some still require 'plain text'.
To apply another text format
- Open your text file in Microsoft Word
- click File:Save As and Formatting.
- The Save As window opens.
- click the arrow in the Save As Type box to open the drop down menu.
- click the type you want. click Save button
Figure.1 Microsoft Word Selecting the text format in the Save As window