Creating a new folder
Author: Celia Taylor
Affiliation: University of Huddersfield
Date written: May 2005
During your analysis whether you are working manually or in QDA software package you will need to create new folders to store your data.
Figure 1. Microsoft Windows My Computer desktop icon
To create a new folder
- double click the My Computer icon. See Figure 1.
- click the Drive where the folder is to be saved. See Figure 2.
- Locate where in the folder hierarchy the new folder will be located.
- double click the folder you want to create the new folder within.
- click File:New:Folder
- A new folder appears with the name 'new folder' highlighted so you can type in a new name for the folder that is meaningful to you.
Figure 2. Microsoft My Computer window