Text and code searches in HyperRESEARCH v 2.6
Authors of this page: Celia Taylor¹ and Ann Lewins²
Date written: 15th Sept 2005
Simple lexical search
A simple lexical search of documents
- click Edit:Find... on the top menu bar.
- The Text to find dialog opens. See Figure 1.
- Type in the word you want to find. click OK.
- The source window opens at the paragraph containing the first occurrence of the word highlighted by a box outline. See Figure 2.
Figure 1. HyperRESEARCH text to find dialog
Figure 1. HyperRESEARCH Find result.
Search for codes, attributes and text
To search and compare codes
- click Cases:Select Cases:By Criteria
- The Case Selection Criteria dialog opens.
- click the Build Criteria button () and click Code....
- click the code you want to include.
- click the Build Criteria button () select 'AND'.
- Repeat steps 2 - 4 until you have included all codes you want to use in the search.
- Then select the Cases to Test either Selected or All.
- click Select button.
Figure 3. HyperRESEARCH selecting case by criteria